SOOC

SOOC

I have not updated this blog for more than a month now.  I think I am facing a big problem of a scarcity of appropriate and better black and white photos.  Of course, I can easily convert a colored photo with a couple of clicks in Photoshop.  But that is not the point of this blog.  It has to have a semblance of sharing some knowledge on "black and white photography ++".

That ++ is the "IT".  I cannot fully describe it.  It solely emanates from an artist's point of view and drawn from his innermost thoughts and being while taking that single shot, and at the same time trying to make a statement about photography and other stuff like social, political, cultural aspects--the one that makes his mark in the "over-saturated" hobby that is photography.

I was organizing my photos for the past weeks, that also explains why I haven't been active for the past weeks.  Needless to say, I was able to revisit my photos and found this one.  This is practically SOOC (straight out of the camera, so they say), but not really.  It came out of the Photoshop after I affixed my copyright mark.  Am I joining the SOOC bandwagon?  Nope.

While it is hard to find a photo that is worth converting into a black and white or monochrome, it is harder to find subjects that are monochrome in their original state.  I am glad I found this paint store during my solitary photo walk last year in Kuching, Sarawak.  It is located in Padungan Road, one of the oldest streets in Kuching City, which is basically a Chinese district, much like Binondo.  Interestingly, there is also a lone Pinoy restaurant called "Pinoy Ihaw-Ihaw."




Comments

Popular Posts