San Sebastian from a different angle

San Sebastian in Mono

I consider it very challenging to photograph San Sebastian Church in Manila. With all the intricate details and the many facets of its architecture, plus the low-lighting condition, I could spend one day just to photograph every nook and cranny.

With a standard 3.5 lens, photographing its dark interiors would be very challenging that you need your camera to be mounted on a tripod or monopod to shoot at 1/10 speed. If you are successful enough to get the interior details, you will be surprised to see the great work of the Filipino artist Lorenzo Rocha and his students on the ceilings to give that faux-marble and jasper appearance, which you cannot instantly notice when you look up.

As I have mentioned in my earlier articles, I like seeing things differently, thus this photo. Now the church is painted light green and it would be better to convert the photo into mono to complement the overall mood.

I hope you like it!


-->

Comments

Popular Posts